Blogs are like Pepperidge Farms Cheesy Garlic Bread
Basically I am talkin’ about a secret shame. About once every six months I will secretly buy a frozen loaf of Pepperidge Farms Cheesy Garlic Bread and a jar of Barilla tomato and basil sauce, I will eat half of the loaf for dinner. That will be my entire dinner for the night. I don’t talk about this with others, in fact when asked “what did you have for dinner” by a friend of family member I will lie and say “leftovers” or something equally as vague, then I change the subject. I have thought about not using my Jewel card when I buy the bread, I know Jewel is tracking my every food move and frankly I feel like I have gone over to the ‘dark side’ when I buy one of these.
I know it is cheaper, fresher and sort of healthier to buy the bread, butter, garlic and cheese (because I do this as well) and make my own cheesy garlic bread, but, I can’t help but crave one of those damn frozen things every now and again.
My point? I can’t help but feel that a blog should be a secret shame, just like my cheesy garlic bread.
It can go terribly wrong, you can be stalked and killed by internet predators, you can have your identity stolen (if you are dumb enough to put up personal info), and in my case, everyone will see just how poorly you write, at best you look like a self-absorbed dork.
And yet, here I am starting one. I can’t help but recall what my friend Melissa said when I told her I was going to start one, “oh no, are you really? but that is so gay”.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home