Shared Bathrooms
I've worked at the same place for twelve years; I’ve been in about five locations. I’m now in a pretty nice office, recently rehabbed etc…our bathroom is pretty nice compared to our last bathroom, but it is a shared bathroom it can only be so nice.
On a frequent basis our old bathroom would have “evidence” of the previous visitor. This “evidence” would, at best, be in the form of either toilet paper strips or the tissue seat cover still on the seat, at worst it was in liquid form sprinkled on the seat, and at the very very worst, and most disgusting, it would be something far far worse, and I think if you let your imagination run you will come up with two possible answers, and both will be what I am thinking of and not saying (keep in mind this is a womans bathroom). What I could never figure out is how in the world a woman’s bathroom would have these problems, we sit to do our business, how can one miss? and why, why can't people flush? It isn't like we live in California in the 80's and have a brick in our tank.
Anyway…we no longer have these issues, now we just have curiosities. Such as, the mouthwash. This 42.3 fluid ounce bottle of generic mouthwash has been here since we moved in (about ten months ago). It sits out on the counter with the extra paper towels. It has no name on it, no note, nothing. For a while it was actually sitting on the floor under the sink. I thought it was just some left over thing someone left until I realized recently the level of the liquid is going down. There is now only about a fifth left. Somebody is using this. Who? Is it only one person? And who is this one person who trusts about thirty co-workers (not to mention housekeeping staff) to not “do something” nasty to the mouthwash? I realize that I think the worst most of the time, but really, who would leave their mouthwash out on a communal bathroom sink. Why not keep it in your drawer? We all have one of those drawers, filled with food, personal items and miscellaneous shit that you leave at work.
Needless to say, I am completely grossed out by the mouthwash on the sink counter.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home