ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Tuesday, March 03, 2009

I'm torn...

I love love love The Mighty Boosh and want everyone to know their genius. However, I do not want them to be introduced in the US by Jimmy Fallon.

From an interview in the Chicago Tribune

Fallon on things that make him laugh

"There's that show on Adult Swim called 'Tim and Eric Awesome Show.' That makes me laugh always. There's a comedy troupe from England The Mighty Boosh. If people want me to show them something on YouTube, I show them that. I want them on the show so bad. If you YouTube 'Mighty Boosh' and 'Jean-Claude,' they do this live thing ... it's ridiculous."

I think Jimmy Fallon is one the least funny SNL cast members, I don't want his show to do well.

To be honest, I may have sent a couple emails to the Craig Ferguson show about having the Boosh on, as I think Craig is awesome and I think the Boosh would be great on his show.

6 Comments:

At 7:52 AM, March 04, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Boooooosh Rule!

I wish Netflix would release their stuff, too.

 
At 8:00 AM, March 04, 2009, Blogger Butternugget said...

The problem isn't Netflix, it is there is no region 1 version, only region 2.

I have them all now, I got a DVD player I could hack the region. There is a $40 DVD player at Target that works just great.

 
At 7:37 AM, March 05, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Netflix could stream the Boosh.

 
At 8:26 AM, March 05, 2009, Blogger Butternugget said...

Don't get me wrong, I love Netflix, but frankly they have a ways to go with the streaming in general and I see that as a less likely option for them.

Of 450 titles on my queue only about 60 are available to stream. I'm sure this is due more to the rights management with the the studios and distribution companies but still, it annoys me to no end that this is such a problem with DVDs, music and streaming content.

AND we can't watch BBC streaming on the web because we don't pay the tax. If the BBC let me subscribe on their webstreams I would, but they don't. I shouldn't get started on this I'll just get mad.

 
At 10:40 AM, March 09, 2009, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Right. Netflix should pay the BBC to let them stream much of their content. It'd be a huge Netflix advantage for several demographic groups and would be pretty much extra money for BBC, probably stimulating merchandise tie-ins.

And, Netflix streaming has greatly improved in the last year-- better quality on PCs and now Macs work great, too. Just needs more content.

 
At 2:17 PM, March 09, 2009, Blogger Butternugget said...

I would even pay extra for that!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home