ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Friday, November 18, 2005

You know who you remind me of?

We all occasionally get that question, sometimes it is that you remind someone of someone they know, sometimes and more often than not, it is that you look or remind someone of a celebrity. This can be good, bad or just confusing depending on how you feel about the celebrity that someone has now linked you to.

In the early 80’s I got Molly Ringwald a lot. I never understood this. I look nothing like her, nothing. I believe it was simply the way I dressed and that my hair was red. In later years as Molly went by the wayside in the public eye I didn’t get a single remark, know one told me I had a celebrity double. Although, based solely on my mouth (by that I mean what I say and how I say it) I did get a couple Jeanne Garafalos. I was good with this because I liked her, thought she was funny and at the time agreed with a fair amount of what she said.

Now, as in 2000 to the present I get two others. Sara Rue and Margaret Cho. do I think I look like either one of them? No, not really. Judge for yourself with the pictures below. Luckily for me, I like Margaret Cho a lot and Sara Rue doesn’t bother me, and I think she has cute outfits on her show (Less Than Perfect), although I don’t think many people see them because I don’t think anyone watches that show, how it is still on air I am not sure.

So I ask myself, why do people think this? Here is what I tell myself…

For Margaret…
A. Loud mouth and kind of bitchy
B. Similar face shape (it’s the Korean thing)
C. Husky (as in size not that we wear the jeans)
D. Our mothers

For Sara…
A. Similar face shape
B. Similar Hair cuts
C. Outfits (a lot of skirts and dresses with a vintage-esque thing going on and cardigans, lots of cardigans)
D. Husky (again, big girls)






















One weird note, you might be tempted to think that everyone who tells me I look like Margaret knows about the Korean thing, but, I’ve had people who don’t even know that I am half Korean tell me I look like Margaret, weird.

4 Comments:

At 5:53 PM, November 20, 2005, Blogger Owen said...

Margaret Cho: You're Asian. And you're not Ziyi Zhang-sized. Sara Rue: never heard of her. Ever. But actually, I can see the resemblance in that picture on the left. But not the other one. It's the hair (color only), the glasses, and the smile.

 
At 2:01 AM, November 21, 2005, Blogger Butternugget said...

I think hair color or hair cut plays a lot in many comparisons. My favorite thing about the Sara comparisons is that the last two people who said that started out by saying “I don’t know how you’ll feel about this…”.

 
At 9:51 AM, November 21, 2005, Blogger Owen said...

Oh, here you go: How 'bout the coffee girl in this strip?

 
At 3:07 PM, November 21, 2005, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm... I watched "Less Than Perfect" once by accident and kept thinking, "This girl reminds me of someone." Now I know! I agree with Owen, the picture on the left really nails it. Spooky. And funny... I have a friend who looks exactly like Delta Burke and she gets really upset when people tell her because she takes it to mean they're saying she's fat. No, no, no! It's completely a face thing, for both of you!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home