Lots and lots to say…
First, I never watched Joan of Arcadia and I've never had an opinion about Amber Tamblyn, and I’m not quite sure what to think of her now, but if she did this tongue ’n’ cheek, great, maybe she was going to an 80’s party after this event, if so cudos to you Ms. Tamblyn, you are so going to win the best costume contest. If not, if this was NOT meant to be funny I’m not sure what to think. God knows I love the 80's but, I think even Cyndi Lauper would have thought twice about this one. I'm also not sure why, and a little creeped out that she has her finger in her mouth.Second, today is beautiful, sunny, but a little cold (I’d like it a little colder but this will do).
Third, I bowled for the first time in ages today. I had a good time, and twice I came really close to breaking 100. Clearly I suck but that’s okay.
Fourth, I love The Dead Milkmen. Those of you who knew me in high school already know this (I wore that shirt a lot). I saw them about a half a dozen times in high school and once in college, always a fun time. I haven’t listen to them in ages because I only have the vinyl and cassettes, and only one CD and it’s a CD single (the same song about nine times and two others). I never really thought about getting them on CD until recently. So my friend Evan “borrowed” several of their albums from his friend Todd and I'm lovin' every minute of it. I am amazed at how many of the songs I can still sing right along with and how much I love the song “Serrated Edge “
Up on the hilltop where the vultures perch,
That's where I'm gonna build my church,
Ain't gonna be no priest, ain't gonna be no boss;
Just Charles Nelson Reilly nailed to a cross.
Chorus
I don't piss, I don't shit, I'm gettin' no relief,
People shake their heads in disbelief.
GO!
Just me on a hilltop with 15 girls,
In a Nelson Reilly orgy that'll make your hair curl.
I don't piss, I don't shit, I'm gettin' no relief,
People shake their heads in disbelief.
Yeah, Charles Nelson Reilly, he's our man,
He can't heal the sick with the touch of his hand,
He can't walk on water, can't make wine flow;
Just another greedy actor on the late late show!
Chorus
Ah, a classic, so thought provoking…and of course one can’t over look Takin’ Retards to the Zoo, this one just makes me smile.
Anyway…that's all I have for today.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home