ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Dork Alert

In middle school I spent many a late Sunday night inches from my TV (because I was supposed to be asleep) watching Dr. Who. I loved it. I fall into the large large group of people whose favorite Doctor is Tom Baker, but I enjoyed the third and fifth (Jon Pertwee and Peter Davison) as well. You will remember Tom for his long scarf that can still be seen on a few pimple faced trench coat wearing dorks round about comic book or sci-fi conventions. The third Doctor, Peter, was older and had a huge white puffy hair-do, then the fifth Doctor you may remember by his celery boutonniere. Aside from that, and the Daleks and The Master I don't really remember much.

But that is me...but there are others...

The Dr. Who fan base is desperate, desperate to find what is lost.

January 9, 2005
By LACHLAN CARTWRIGHT

BARMY fans of Doctor Who want to hire a psychic to track down missing episodes of the hit show.
More than 100 programs of the sci-fi classic are lost and now fans are turning to out of this world powers to locate them.

Fan Martin Brown said: "If people can use psychics to reunite family with deceased loved ones then it is quite conceivable we can use a psychic to track down these missing episodes. "These shows are important to the heritage of Dr Who." Members of the world's largest Doctor Who forum, Gallifrey One, have banded together in their search.

One desperate fan, Supervoc posted on the forum: "I am on my knees in hope and desperation. I will be through the roof if even just one more story is found. We must live in hope!"

Another Ian7 said: "I am convinced there are countless missing episodes yet to be found. I know it is going to happen. I have complete and utter faith. I believe we should all have this faith. Think it. Feel it. Wish it. It is going to happen!"

The missing tapes of the cult classic date from 1964-1969 when William Hartnell and Patrick Troughton played the doc. The episodes were wiped by the BBC in the mid-seventies along with dozens of other old television favourites. But duplicates of the shows were distributed to TV stations overseas and Dr Who die-hards hope psychic powers will help locate them.

Fans believe their treasure may be discovered in the Middle East or Asia. The last returned episode was recovered in England in 2004 by an ex-employee of the BBC. Brown added: "A lot of fans are extremely passionate about finding these episodes, it is a nostalgia thing."

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home