ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Sunday, February 05, 2006

Inquiring Minds

In the last week it has come to the attention of three friends (and co-workers) that I have a blog. These three who were not blessed with the knowledge of my ridiculous waste of time and pointless stories and facts want to know the address and why I didn’t tell them about the blog.

These co-workers were not informed of my blog because from its inception I decided co-workers would not be informed. Why? Because I work in a really gossipy environment, and when I say “really” I really mean it, it is worse than high school.

While at work we troll Friendster and Myspace and then share the pictures and comments with others in the office. We read blogs and follow trails to some peoples on line dating profiles. We are pretty brutal. I admit, I am/was probably one of the worst. Although I have tried to cut back and gossip less, I still find and read these sites, I just don’t share them.

I did not want to be one of these poor souls who were passed around the copy machine over lunch and have their comments, photos and friends ruthlessly torn to bits.

So, I took care when releasing my blog information. Most of you who are amount the blessed are either people who don’t work with me anymore, never worked with me and/or live outside of Chicago.

I’ve tried to tell them it isn’t worth it and that it will be a big let down when/if they find the site, but they wont listen. I know they will eventually find there way here and they to will be bored silly and wonder, “my god, does she seriously have that much time on her hands?”.

P.S. I could have sworn I posted this yesterday morning, but this morning it was gone so I'm reposting it.

1 Comments:

At 3:43 PM, February 05, 2006, Blogger Owen said...

Sounds like you guys get a lot done at work! By the way, this post showed up in my RSS feeds yesterday, but when I tried to go to the site I couldn't reach it. Blogspot must have had an outage.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home