Day 8
Did you get what is going around? You know, The “sickness”...How long did yours last? Did you have the fever too?
Okay, so maybe I am being a little dramatic, but I did just see V for Vendetta and watch a few extra episodes of The Tribe, so I can’t help but think of biological weapons, black deathe, plagues and disease.
I got sick last Monday and I promptly blamed it on friend (and told him so) because his illness the week before sounded like what I had and you always need to blame it on someone else. I’m sure someone in my office will blame his or her illness on me, it is only fair.
I stayed home for a day and a half and then went back to work. When you are sick people start to tell you about whom they know is sick and how long they had it and what was wrong with them. You get a laundry list of issues, fever, vomiting, muscle aches, headaches etc…all very charming and cheery.
My biggest problem now, or rather since Friday, is the ridiculous cough that I cannot beat. I have a constant supply of cough drops and pills to get the ick out (so to speak). I pretty much feel like my chest or lungs will collapse if I have to cough one more time. To add insult to injury with a cough like this you can’t sleep, you just keep waking up with coughing fits. This makes me very very tired.
Finally yesterday it was just too painful to talk so I went home at 4.30 pm. I didn’t talk at all for nearly 18 hours. Since then I have talked very little, only when necessary, which is hard at work and extra hard if you are me (I think you all know what I mean by that).
I am a Chatty Cathy, have been since I was little, it has been very hard to keep my mouth shut for nearly 24 hours. However, the reward is that my throat doesn’t feel like sand paper and my coughing fits are down to one every couple hours, not every 15 minutes. I will continue my vow of silence for another day or two until I have this thing beat.
So, if you need to yell at me, tell me something that requires me to listen and not cut you off NOW IS THE TIME, carpe diem!!! You could tell me anything and I will probably just nod my head or shrug.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home