ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Wednesday, June 14, 2006

Day One of Freedom

I’ve been trying to take a few days off for more than a month now. Not only do I need to use five days of vacation by June 23rd or loose them, but if I don’t get a break from the constant questions, new projects and rush requests I am likely to hurt someone, or at the very least loose all composure and yell.

Finally! Today, my first day off, and I don’t have to go back for a week, I cannot tell you how happy I am to be free. I slept late, although I kept waking up in a bit of a panic as if I were late, and finally rolled out of the house at about 11.00am. I went to grab lunch at Hot Doug's and couldn’t decide on one thing so I got two dogs/sausages. I had the game of the day, cognac-ifused smoked pheasant sausage with citrus sauce moutarde and goat cheese and of course the corn dog, and nothing is complete with out a side of cheese fries. Everything was great and I was only disappointed I couldn’t finish it all.

Then I went to get a few cleaning supplies because my home is a disaster. I’ve been so busy with work lately and so tired that it has gotten really out of control and frankly really embarrassing. Anyway, I went to Target, which I love and found I love it even more now. Target now has a small wine isle!

The Target closest to me has a small food section, not one of the full-on grocery stores so it was a bit of a surprise. Now it isn’t a huge isle but if I’m not by Trader Joe’s for really cheap wine, I would much rather give my money to Target then Jewel. I know, you are thinking I could go to a liquor store or a wine store, but truth is I don’t know enough to really shop for wine there and not feel lost and most of the time I pick by the label anyway.

Now I am gonna kick back and finally watch the 40 Year Old Virgin, and I do believe I may be the last person to see the movie (or at least the last one of my friends). Everyone says it was hilarious, so hopefully you all haven’t built it up too much for me and I will still think it is as funny as you all think. By the way, I think somewhere in there is a joke about being a 40 Year Old Virgin Virgin, or some such joke.

4 Comments:

At 8:15 AM, June 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

We bought one of the 1.5 liter wine cubes from Target the other week. Not too bad. And in other wine news...last night I bought a bottle Georgian wine from our local Jewel (the country not the state).

 
At 9:17 AM, June 15, 2006, Blogger evandebacle said...

The couple of Georgian wines I've had have been really sweet. You will have to let me know what you think.

 
At 10:03 AM, June 15, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The one I got specifially said dry red wine. There were a couple of other Georgian wines by the same company that were labeled semi-sweet red wine.

 
At 10:18 AM, June 15, 2006, Blogger Butternugget said...

Who knew Jewel and Target would end up being a place to experiment with wine?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home