Fish Booty
Long John Silver’s has a new item they want you to try, Parmesan Crusted Fish Bites, and they are only a $1.99!
I don’t care if you eat these or not (I wont), my problem is with their tag line. At the end of the commercial a pirate voice says “Yarr” I know this because they print it on the screen, and it is on their website. Seriously, we all know what pirates say, and it isn’t “Yarr” it is “Aaargh”.
AND on the website they seem to have trademarked “Yarr Genius”, my thought is that they couldn’t trade mark “Aaargh” so they took “Yarr”, but either way it is stupid.
Pirates say “Aaargh” end of story.
On a side note, check out this pirate booty

9 Comments:
I beg to differ. Pirates say "Arrr!" I notice the domain name of this site conflicts with their recommendation to "start yer sentence wi' a "Arr, me hearty."
I did think of that as well and fing the "Arrr" okay, but I can't embrace starting it with the "Y".
I also notice the site doesn't have "Yarr" on it either.
I'm sorry ButterNugget, was that a degree in Pirate Dialectology I saw on your wall?
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=y'arr
Evandebacle, you were the one person who I thought would have my back on this.
I am glad your dog ate your parrot.
Y'arr, he was a good pet and a better mate. Y'arrrrrr.
Urbandictionary is a harsh mistress: http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=arr
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/0807050245/103-0512009-0489449?v=glance&n=283155
This book actually claims to explore "pirate dialects, rituals and symbols." I'm dying to know if it has anything to contribute to the argh v. y'arr debate.
Do you think Geena Davis read this before filming Cutthroat Island?
Post a Comment
<< Home