Giddy
I love love love Colin Hay. It is no secret; I shall shout it from the rooftops, yes, Colin Hay of Men at Work, and I love Men at Work too, so there. Anyway…as you can imagine I’m on a list to get email updates when Colin is playing shows, I check his site regularly etc…
Then tonight, as luck would have it, a friend who lives in Springfield sent me a link to the Springfield Center for the Arts. Turns out Colin is doing a show there in late November. Of course this is super crazy early and it isn’t listed on Colin's site or Pollstar (which I find to be very good with big and small shows) but thankfully my peeps keep an eye out for me and watch my back.
Needless to say I must go, so with the help of my best traveling concert buddy (who’s identity must remain secret to all but the CIA, FBI and Ani DiFranco) we will again be traveling to see Colin. As always we will have the best seats in the house, dead center, front row, the only way to go.
It also helps me retain my stalker cred.

2 Comments:
My my my, it's a beautiful world!!
I really want to see him next time he's at OTS. He's got quite a following here in Chi-town!
That was such a great show...did you go? He is so great in those smaller venues.
They recorded it and there has been mention of it eventually coming out on CD. The funny part is the mic was on my table because we were front and center.
Post a Comment
<< Home