ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Monday, October 23, 2006

Vacation: Day 5

After four busy days we started to slow down. We slept in, shuffled around the house making tea, eating leftovers and spending a couple hours on line because we all know that less than ten minutes a day on line is just not enough for me. I had some catching up to do. However, I refrained from checking my work email, not even once, and yes I am very proud.

Finally near 2.00 pm we got our shit together and measured my friends kitchen for cabinets and discussed the pros and cons of double sinks, islands (not the ones surrounded by water) and where to put her microwave. Starving at this point, left-overs only go so far, we headed to the store to get pizza fixings. Shockingly we did not get any pork products. We went to her parents to take advantage of their real oven.

While channel surfing we came across a show that seems to be a cross between Dr. Phil, if he were Jewish, and Nanny 911.
This my friends is Shalom In The Home. Hosted by Rabbi Shmuley Boteach who travels around in an Airstream helping families get their shit together and heal. Since I have since found that he seems to be proud of the fact that he has "counseled" Michael Jackson I can't believe that he is at all credible.

After about a half hour of Shalom my friend’s mom got fed up with the craziness and so we decided to watch a movie. Turns out my friend's mom has similar tastes in movies. So we settled down to watch The Dark Crystal, but not before my friends mom pulled out a couple frozen pies (apple and cherry) and said she was going to go get ice cream two. Awesome. The extras on the DVD were really good, I would recommend them if you liked The Dark Crystal and enjoy listening to Jim Henson and Frank Oz talk. Which I do, because even their normal voices sound like Kermit or Fozzie every few words.


I love Chamberlain (right), he had the best voice.

FYI-They are working on sequel called The Power of the Dark Crystal, out in 2008.

3 Comments:

At 12:18 PM, October 24, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ummmm. Where's the Pork in this entry?

 
At 12:43 PM, October 24, 2006, Blogger Butternugget said...

Technically I ate left-over lasagna with pork sausage, but maybe I was just being psychic and feeling the guilt from Shmuley before I knew he would enlighten my evening.

But you are right, it did lack the pork factor.

 
At 2:18 PM, October 26, 2006, Blogger OrangeMoJoJo said...

I can't believe they're FINALLY coming out with the sequel to Dark Crystal!!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home