Vacation: Day 1
When I left Chicago on Thursday it was starting to snow. I have to say I was a little disappointed I would miss the show, even though I knew it wouldn’t stay long. I love the snow and I have more than one memory of it snowing on my birthday growing up. So even though this was a few days early it still got me excited.
Fortunately it wasn’t bad enough to delay my flight and I arrived in Charlotte on Thursday evening as planned and as we touched down it looked amazing, there was just a small touch of fall colors in the treetops and a beautiful hazy sunset.
My friend picked me up and we went for dinner at a great little Indian place. She doesn’t get a chance to try many places as she is out of town a lot so it was fun for both of us. They had great combo dinners that came with a samosa, rice, naan and four different small portions of entrée dishes and then rice pudding. We washed it all down with a couple large beers.
When we got home we both had a lot of little gifts for each other, mostly odd little things we've been collecting for the last year and never got around to mailing to each other.
That was prety much that for my first six hours in Charlotte.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home