2 hours
8.00 am - I drop off my car at the mechanic (I also hear on the radio that there are switch and power problems delaying the Red, Purple and Brown lines and that Comed is involved).
8.10 am - Enter the Irving Park train stop
8.25 am - Get on train, announcement tells of delays on Brown, Purple and Red line due to "missing piece of track"
However, I am stuck on the train and can't get off.
8.35 am - I make my first call into work
8.44 am - I call again, because we haven't moved at all since the other call and we are being told the "missing piece of track" means we can't go past Belmont
9.15 am - arrive at Belmont and told we will be switching to the Red line tracks and going underground, there are 2 cars ahead of us.
9.17 am - correction, there are 3 cars ahead of us
9.22 am - make that 4 cars, at that point everyone gets up and goes to the Red line which is now just arriving.
9.35 am - Just as we enter the tunnel we hear that we will be stopping because a passenger is ill and requires emergency assistance which has just been called. He is at Chicago.
9.55 am - I finally get downtown.

2 Comments:
Naked work party!
Oh, sorry... am I in the wrong place?
You can always try to start the party by leading by example. Can't say that I will follow, but I will admire you for your…um…bravado?
Post a Comment
<< Home