ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Tuesday, September 12, 2006

While I wait

As I mentioned I’ve had a crap day and the rest of the week doesn’t look like it will be any better. Since I had five of my eight hours of workday with back-to-back meetings I only had about two hours to actually do work. I didn’t take lunch with pushes it up to three hours to do work, since I don’t usually take lunch that isn’t a big change. But then you figure returning calls, emails fielding questions etc…I got about one whole hour to do work.

I had planned to stay late but decided it was best if I left, ate dinner and consume a lot of caffeine so that I could stay up late and work. I got a grande mocha and washed it down with 32 oz of Pepsi.

I gave myself two hours to do the above and get to work.

I have four jobs that need work, two had a scheduled due date of today, and the other two are for tomorrow. I would say the collective hours in these jobs is approximately twenty hours, maybe fifteen if I was really lucky and left alone.

I am just finishing one of the jobs, or at least all that I can do from home. It is running now and will finish in about ten minutes. I’ll have to go in early and do about another hour to finish it up.

Problem is despite (or maybe because of) the large amount of legal stimulant I have consumed I can’t focus anymore. The computer is giving me a headache. So, I will give up and go to bed. This would sound like a good idea if I really thought I would actually fall asleep anytime soon. However, I would bet big money that I stew wide awake until at least 1.30 am because that is what I do.

My prediction, I will be so much fun to be around for the next week. You have been warned.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home