ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Monday, September 04, 2006

Dependence

Earlier tonight I was on the phone, I was just getting done with a conversation when the beep to tell me I had a second call came through. Since I was already done with the first call I went to cut over. For whatever reason it wouldn’t let me click over to the other call. Then I looked at the caller ID and it said, “line error”.

A half hour later it is kind of bugging me that I don’t know who called.

In my head I run down the list of regular callers, there are a half dozen regulars and I’ve already spoken to three of them today, one is out of the country, another I was just IM'ing, etc…etc…etc…Who ever it was they didn’t leave a voice mail. It’s after 9 PM so that makes it a little more curious. I hate it when people don’t leave me a message, I get far too curious.

Then I think to myself, why the hell am I doing this? It is stupid, my behavior is stupid. It couldn’t have been important, if it was the caller would have then called my cell and they didn’t.

My point? I am way too dependent on caller ID and call waiting and have been conditioned to feel like I must know all that happens when I am gone and/or busy and can’t get to the phone.

I should work on that, but while I do that; if you are the one who called me let me know because it is seriously driving me crazy.

1 Comments:

At 10:56 PM, September 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't me! Maybe it was your dad with some more bait...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home