Megatron my ass
What the F’in crap is this?


Would you recognize him as Megatron? No. You wouldn’t. Because this is Megatron.

It looks more like a metal version of Predator (especially the “mouth”).


I was so giddy a few weeks ago when I saw the trailer for Transformers. I even exchanged devil horn hand signs silently in the theatre with my friend as we both grinned from ear to ear. It looked so cool. Now I see the fatal flaw, only a shadow of a robot was shown.
Things change, evolve, and I’m all good with that. But then there are redesigns and updating for marketing reasons and I think this is one of those. You know a bunch of jack-asses sat around thinking they needed really "fresh" designs for the Transformers to appeal to a new 2007 (when it comes out) audience. No they didn't!
Anyway, I'm sure if this was some new evil Transformer I wouldn't mind so much, but to say it is Megatron is just too wrong.

4 Comments:
Of all the people to get excited and then disappointed by a Transformers movie... Butternugget?!
I know, I came a little late to the game. Sure I watched it a little when I was a kid, and who doesn't love robots? But the true beauty of the Transformers didn't hit me until my mid 20's.
Also, Decepticons is one of the best names ever, Autobots aint bad, but Decepticons is awesome.
Don't worry, I wont get this excited about a G.I. Joe vs. Cobra movie.
At least you know you're not alone. Of course, you're not alone in the basement of some kid's parents' house. Now if you don't mind, I'm going to play with my Star Wars figures.
I'm sure that this "feeling" will spread like wildfire, dorks in basements wont stand for the injustice.
I like to think of myself as a "minor dork", and hopefully I will not be in the "majors" anytime soon.
On this topic anyway, all bets are off when it comes to talking animals and dragons.
Post a Comment
<< Home