What I must do
It’s pretty common knowledge that I am not a morning person and have no problem staying up late. It is not just a preference, I find it almost impossible to fall asleep before 12.30 am and that is on a good night. The problem is I have to work, and that means the latest I can sleep is 7.15 am and that is pushing it.
Problem one: I not one of those people who can live on 4 hours of sleep a night. I get tired, and I get cranky.
Problem two: I can’t fall asleep. As I mentioned I’m lucky to get to sleep by 12.30 am. Even if I go to bed at 10.00 pm I lie awake watching the clock and my mind runs wild, what I’ve got to do the next day, what I should have done that day, what am I going to make for lunch, can I afford this or that, can I fall asleep soon because it is getting late.
Problem three: I like staying up late. I’ve always preferred later hours, for everything, work, sewing, making stuff, reading, drinking, chatting, anything and everything is better after 11.00 pm in my book.
I know all the tricks, don’t watch TV in bed, don’t read in bed, only go into your room and bed to sleep. Go to bed at the same time every night, no matter what. Don’t eat or drink before bed blah blah blah.
So, I must must try to get to bed earlier. This will be harder then when I was told I had to cut out caffeine.
Sigh.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home