Drugs
I went to pick up a prescription today and was shocked to find it will cost me $90. I asked why, because my insurance usual means that a perscription is $15.
Apparently it is not a generic drug so I have to pay more, makes sense and I have no problem with generic so I said “can I get the generic?”. No. There isn’t a generic version of the drug.
So, because this drug company holds some crazy patent for (probably) a million years I have to pay $90.
If I don’t have the choice to pick the generic I don’t think I should be punished by paying full price, if there was actually a choice I would be thrifty and take the generic.
Grrrr.

2 Comments:
Oh God!! Flashback to working at the pharmacy!! Talk me down!!
Insurance companies are, and I'm not exaggerating, the devil. Seriously. This drug isn't covered on your formulary for one of two reasons:
1) the insurance company believes another, cheaper drug should be tried first (ie: if you've tried albuterol but it didn't work for you but Maxair does, they won't cover it anyway) or
2) They don't think the expense is wort it, so they've simply excluded it from the plan.
Ugh. They are the devil, and hearing you say makes me feel better that I'm not just bitter (as you had an inside view). This happened to me one other time several years ago and the (random) insurance company person who answered my call actually tried to "recommend" another drug based on a "list" they had. I asked if they were a doctor or even a nurse because how would they know? Of course they weren't. Oh well, it is only my body and my health!
So annoying.
Post a Comment
<< Home