ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Friday, September 22, 2006

A Clockwork Owl

Remember Clash of the Titans? Sad really that Harry Hamlin is now made entirely of plastic and is dancing for the stars and don’t even get me started on his plastic and extra creepy wife Lisa Rinna. I was fine ignoring them for years in their B-Movies and TV appearances. Then came the made-for-TV movie I saw on Lifetime (a couple years ago) Sex, Lies & Obsession. A movie about a woman who finds out her husband is as sex addict with real-life husband and wife team Hamlin and Rinna. Eeeww, ewwwe ew. Not only was this a super bad movie it was creepy because they both are so fake looking. They are strange non-human colors and look like their skin has been stretched to the limit over their skulls. Bashing a made-for-TV movie hard for me, since I love bad made for TV
movies. My favorites are ones about British royalty and a close second is true crime/mystery but in third place is the classic family-that-seems-perfect-but-has-a-secret-shame-to-overcome format.

Anyway, my reason for bringing up Clash of the Titans is the following product.


HipPop Pets are like the iDog and Iz your very own entertaining, interactive pet/portable speaker, with a twist, for your MP3 player, diskman or PC.
Put in 3x AAA batteries, jack up your player and you are ready to rock!
The build in motion sensor will react to even the smallest movements around it by playing small melodies or sounds while its face will light up in a multitude of coloured lights.
I saw this and immediately thought of the clockwork owl in Clash of the Titans (who I have now learned was named Bubo). I loved that movie. I was kind of obsessed with Greek myths at a young age so that was a large part of why I liked it but also the special effects were amazing (for the time, 1981 and my age). I recall it feeling quite epic to me, although I’m sure I didn’t know that word then and it was only two hours long. Behold, Bubo.

2 Comments:

At 8:22 AM, September 25, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Harry Robinson Hamlin has come a long way since People mag named him 'sexiest man alive' in 1987, although he is perfect as the uber-creepy Aaron Echolls in Veronica Mars. He must have something in his contract about having his wife appear as his wife because Lisa Rinna was also in Veronica Mars as...his wife.

 
At 2:36 PM, September 25, 2006, Blogger Butternugget said...

Well then, it must be in their contract because Lisa is also the “special commentary guest” on Entertainment Tonight just to comment, speculate and do special interviews for Dancing With the Stars. I thought it seemed like they had crossed the nepotism line, but who am I to say.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home