ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Sunday, November 19, 2006

Dial A Cliche

It is so cliché, but I have a love/hate relationship with Sunday.

Saturday’s are undoubtedly great, Monday’s most definitely suck, but Sunday is the double edge sword in all of the seven days, being both the beginning and the ending.

Saturday can be busy, there are things to do around the house, errands to run, laundry and other stuff you didn’t have time for during the week. Then you are ready for some fun, maybe dinner, a movie, a show or at the very least sitting on the couch watching TV. Whatever the scenario it is relaxing and it is not work.

Then comes Sunday, the morning is great, sleeping in and getting up just in time to brunch or dim sum. This brings me up to maybe 1.00 PM at the very latest. Doom is about to set in, just you wait.

If I’ve had a later brunch I always want a nap, and if I go home after brunch I do just that, and then it begins. By the time I wake up from the nap it is usually close to 3.00 or maybe 4.00 PM. This makes me think it is getting dark and that makes me think it is almost the end of the day and that of course makes me start thinking of Monday morning and what time I need to get up for work and what I need to do at work the next day. Best case scenario I just get depressed and bummed out that I’ll be at work soon, worst case scenario I actually have to do work that night.

Tonight I figured out that yes, I should do some work. Did I? Technically, yes, I did, but it was just one email and it was only a draft and it only took me about fifteen minutes. I had lots more I should have done.

However, that is all I could do. So, I what did I do? I made dinner, watched TV, talked on the phone, talked on the phone some more and searched the web for useless information.

This brings me to now, 10.48 PM. I am kind of tired, but probably wont sleep for a while because I just can’t bring myself to end the day because I know it means starting the week as well.

Anyway, I should have written about seeing Crispin Glover’s slide show, film and Q&A, which I will write about shortly but just didn’t feel like it because I was obessed about hating Sunday.

2 Comments:

At 9:14 AM, November 20, 2006, Blogger Owen said...

Now I'm wondering what useless information you found out. Unless that's just a euphemism for something we don't want to hear about. Which I'm sure it's not, because you're a Lady.

 
At 10:49 AM, November 20, 2006, Blogger Butternugget said...

All my knowledge is useless! For example,

The catsle where Tomkat got married is haunted. The story goes that the castle is haunted by the ghost of Isabella dei Medici, who despite being married had a succession of lovers, spirited into her sleeping chamber through a secret door. If they were an unsatisfactory lover they were sent down a shoot that lead to a pit lined with spikes.

Alas, her husband found out and killed her, apparently he garrotted her during dinner. I had to look garrotted up too.

Oh yeah, and Morrissey apparently drives a Toyota Corolla.

Aren't you glad you asked?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home