Let sleeping dogs lie.
The CW is working on developing a contemporary spin-off of Beverly Hills, 90210. So says the Hollywood Reporter.Details on the project are limited, and it is unclear whether any of the characters from the original 90210 will appear in any capacity.
Darren Star, creator of the original show is said not to be involved.
I loved 90210. I watched it every week (or taped it) and in the ten years it was on I only missed one episode. Which wasn't my fault, my friend taped over it before I watched it, he pays the price of on going humiliation (because I still bring it up sometimes).
But, I don't think this is a good idea, in fact I think it is horrible. There are too many remakes, revisions and rip-offs in movies and TV. Writers, write something new, studios you need to try these new things, I think you would be surprised that some of us would actually watch new things if they sound interesting and NEW.
Anyway, if this goes through my bet is that Gabrielle Carteris (A.K.A Andrea) will be a regular as a counselor or the teacher that works with the kids that write for The Blaze (the school newspaper). And I think that Ian Ziering (A.K.A. Steve) will make a guest appearance in relation to that damn frat of his, or, if this is really far in future TV time, he will be there with his daughter Maddie as she enters as a freshman. Although, not original cast his wife Janet (played by Lindsay Price) might as well come a long all her shows have failed since then (the US version of Coupling and Lipstick Jungle) she could probably use something to do.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home