I love you...but
I love Margaret Cho, I have for years. I even loved that short lived bomb of a sitcom American Girl. No one does a funnier Korean mom than Cho.
However, there is one thing I don't love. Her fashion choices. It is usually horrible in general and if it isn't horrible (maybe even cute) it is on her because she usually gets things too small for her. I know she's had some well talked about issues with her weight and big or small I totally support her with her body size choices. I just wish she would wear the right size. It would make all the difference in the world.

In this case the dress (at least I think it is a dress) fits her well, so that is something. But that is where the compliments end. There is just too much going on here. The pattern is out of control and has taken over, so much so that I almost didn't notice that she is wearing dusty blue eyeshadow that seems to have aged her ten years.
Do you think that scarf thingy is part of the collar? Like one of those 80's limp bow ties that were on women's "blouses". And those balloon slits that are giving her boobs a little extra room to grow just don't flatter, at least they match the puff sleeves. I also wonder if this was a mini dress, and if it the skirt portion was straight or a pleated kick skirt?
It is like she is playing Feste in a high school production of Twelfth Night circa 1984 and the costume department thought it would be cool if they made it a new wave version so everything was "Modern", which translates to neon and checker boards. She probably wore Vans with it as well and I'm sure she just forgot the jester cap at home.
What would be really perfect with this is a pair of skinny "punk" glasses.

Crap. Now it sort of sounds like I support this choice, because I probably would have liked a new wave version of Twelfth Night in fact I probably would have suggested it and made the damn costumes. So, I suppose if it was 1984 I might...but only if she wore the glasses and walked like a robot.

4 Comments:
The tattoo?
Do you mean you wonder if I like that or not? Or just that you didn't know she had them?
She has tons now, she has been getting them constantly for a few years. She has blogged about them a lot as well.
I'm not crazy about all her tattoo choices but since I don't have a problem with tattoos in general I let that one go.
I think I wore that eyeshadow my freshman year....
Tattoos are like ferrets - you get one and you want more! MORE!
I actually think that dress is pretty cute. But I think pregnancy might cloud my judgment. I even liked the eye shadow!
Post a Comment
<< Home