ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Winehouse, she really did it now.

I've laid off the Winehouse news lately because it really hasn't been new, just the same old crazy stuff she's been doing for a year.

But last week she was hospitalized after collapsing at home. Word on the street was that she had been coughing up blood and such for weeks but refused to go to the doctor. I think everyone assumed it was related to her drug use and what appears to be the worst diet ever. Then we heard that she was in isolation at the hospital because there were fears she had contract TB which is very contagious.

Now it seems that her dad has announced that she has been diagnosed with Emphysema. Amy is 24 years old.

Emphysema is an irreversible degenerative condition that I think most of us associate with elderly (or at least older) people who have been long time smokers.

Her father says it is in the early stages and if she stops smoking drugs (and cigarettes) she can still live a full life.

Obviously the least of all her problems right now is being able to sing, but I would imagine it will be increasingly difficult to sing if you have less and less lung capacity (she's at 70% right now).

For her family's sake I hope this is the rude awakening she needs and is able to get clean. Because, let's be honest, based on her previous attitude (and actions) I don't think she will be able to do it. Not with out being forced, and even that would probably only work while she was committed to a facility against her own will. I'm sure she would go right back to her old life-style when she got out because she clearly doesn't see what is bad and/or wrong about it.


Amy on the way to the hospital. I'm glad she isn't doing her usual, wearing a bra and thinking it passes for a shirt, but I wonder if she knows she has left her pants and belt undone.

2 Comments:

At 11:31 AM, June 25, 2008, Blogger AMY said...

Apparently she wants to get pregnant as soon as her hubby is out of jail. How scary a thought is that???

 
At 3:04 PM, June 26, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

I'm so done with her and her incarcerated Blake.

Also, the day after this it came out that her dad exaggerated a bit. She isn't as bad as he made it sound.

Although I do hope Blake serves a little more time.

The good news is I can't imagine her body could support a pregnancy. It would abort itself.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home