ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Thursday, May 29, 2008

Another sad passing, RIP Harvey Korman

I've hit that age where people I grew up loving on TV and in movies are starting to die. Sure we've had ones that have died earlier due to disease and accidents but a whole lot of them are just getting old.

Pretty much everyone I knew loved The Carol Burnett Show, the whole cast was awesome. It was one of the few shows that all of us (both my parents and me) loved and we were always quoting lines or imitating sketches.

Harvey also appeared in some classic Mel Brooks films like Blazing Saddles and High Anxiety. However, I could have lived with out Mama's Family and Eunice, two Carol Burnett spin-offs.

Something I didn't know until I looked him up on IMDB is that he was born in Chicago.

Anyway, he was 81 years old, RIP Harvey.

1 Comments:

At 1:14 PM, June 01, 2008, Blogger OrangeMoJoJo said...

Hedley Lamarr: My mind is a raging torrent, flooded with rivulets of thought cascading into a waterfall of creative alternatives.
Taggart: God darnit, Mr. Lamarr, you use your tongue prettier than a twenty dollar whore.

I used to LOVE when Korman and Conway would crack eachother up on the Carol Burnett Show. They're the ones who inspired me to believe that doing comedy (improv & sketch) was supposed to be FUN! (o:

 

Post a Comment

<< Home