Communist want to boycot new Indiana Jones movie
After I quote the AP on this story I will do a small rant about the movie, so if you haven't seen it yet you probably should not read the rest of this post as I may give away the plot.
MOSCOW, Russia (AP) -- Members of Russia's Communist Party are calling for a nationwide boycott of the new Indiana Jones movie, saying it aims to undermine communist ideology and distort history.Stop reading now if you don't want it ruined for you, this is your last spoiler alert.
Indiana Jones
Harrison Ford returns as Indiana Jones in "Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull."
"Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull" stars Harrison Ford as an archaeologist in 1957 competing with an evil KGB agent, played by Cate Blanchett, to find a skull endowed with mystic powers.
It hit Russian screens Thursday.
Communist Party members in St. Petersburg said on a web site this week that the Soviet Union in 1957 "did not send terrorists to the States," but launched a satellite, "which evoked the admiration of the whole world."
Moscow Communist lawmaker Andrei Andreyev said Saturday "it is very disturbing if talented directors want to provoke a new Cold War.
I'll tell you who should be mad, Erich von Däniken. Erich von Däniken wrote Chariots of the Gods in 1968. I loved this book, I read it when I was about ten years old. My dad had a copy, which I conveniently took when I moved out. I reread it sometime in college and I skimmed it last year one afternoon after it came up in conversation. I still love the idea and theory he suggests but see a lot more holes in it then when I was ten. But, it is still fun the think about.
My point is that if you have read it (or just have a vague idea of the theory) you will figure out exactly where the story is going within the first 25 minutes of the film.
I hate it when I figure out the ending before the half way point. The movie just seems so long if I figure it out before then. But when I figure out the plot before a quarter has past that is really disappointing.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home