BBC, I love you, I hate you
Okay, maybe hate is a strong word. I love the BBC, I just don't like some of the things they do.
This crafty girl had made and posted patterns for Doctor Who knitted items. She wasn't selling them but was sharing what she had worked out on her own. Then she got a letter, which in part said the following.
We note that you are supplying DR WHO items, and using trade marks and copyright owned by BBC. You have not been given permission to use the DR WHO brand and we ask that you remove from your site any designs connected with DR WHO. Please reply acknowledging receipt of this email, and confirm that you will remove the DR WHO items as requested.I'm not going to get into the who copyright dispute because I'm too tired to argue and I'm not 100% sure where I stand on grey areas like this one. Mostly because I have made myself sewn items with Hello Kitty on them and that would fall into the same bucket, sort of. Anyway, her page is still up but no longer has the patterns and only one photo of a knitted Doctor Who figure. I managed to find one other photo of her stuff on someone else's site but wish I could see the rest.
Here are two of her creations and a Dalek's that is someone else's (not sure who) crafty creation.



0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home