ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Wednesday, April 23, 2008

Quick on the heels of Erykah

It has been a week of crazy statements made by "diva" like songstresses.

Mariah Carey was recently asked if motherhood was in her future. Her response is more than hilarious, it is also perplexing and just plain weird.

"I don't think I could properly educate a child right now. Maybe in the future, but I actually haven't thought about it." She then went on to say that having children would leave her feeling "violated...I know that's a kind of weird thing to say, but that's how I am. You gotta take care of yourself" she said "For now I enjoy my dog Jack's company. It's definitely because of childhood traumatic stuff. The whole not wanting to have a baby as a baby." and "You have to try and stay pretty, you know."

I think my favorite is that she needs to "stay pretty". I don't think I need to explain why I find that just too funny to even talk about.

I think everyone knows that I am clearly on the side for not birthing, there is no way I ever would want to be pregnant. If you want to get pregnant, great, more power to you and I'll be happy for you but I can't think of much that would be less horrifying to me. That said, I would never think of birthing as being "violated". That just seems like something I'd see on Law and Order: SVU.

Obviously she is referencing something not cool that happened to her in her childhood, which is understandable and most likely awful. But, her statement is still very odd, "not wanting to have a baby as a baby" since she is just shy of 40 years old, hardly a "baby" herself.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home