Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.
Saturday, April 19, 2008
Forgetting Sarah Marshall
Go see it, now if you can. Really really funny, had me in tears laughing more than once.
Also, it actually has a story, not just innuendos and poop jokes strung together with a loose outline of a story.
At the movie website you can "make your own tabloid", Behold!
Yes, they are and everyone does a great job in both being serious and being hilarious. Although it is clear if you already know Russell's material/life you can see that he is pretty much himself except his character isn't trying to be funny on purpose. But that isn't a bad thing.
I found it to be funnier, and have more of a story I was interested in, than 40 Year Old Virgin, and I liked that movie a lot.
I couldn't get the tabloid thing to work well for me. My face was way too wide for it or something.
And they ask the wrong question before you go into it: "Are you male or female?" This led them to replace Brand's face with mine-- as if I'd have any interest in dating Sarah Marshall.
Weird, but I started remembering funny lines from the movie the next day and laughing even more about them. Like when Aldous Snow tells Sarah Marshall that she should follow him on tour and be a groupie for his band Infant Sorrow-- be one of the "Sorrow Suckers". "I don't know why they call them that," Aldous says next.
5 Comments:
Oh, I don't know. Maybe I'll go see it this weekend if there's nothing else to do. Are any of the actors in it interesting at all?
Yes, they are and everyone does a great job in both being serious and being hilarious. Although it is clear if you already know Russell's material/life you can see that he is pretty much himself except his character isn't trying to be funny on purpose. But that isn't a bad thing.
I found it to be funnier, and have more of a story I was interested in, than 40 Year Old Virgin, and I liked that movie a lot.
I couldn't get the tabloid thing to work well for me. My face was way too wide for it or something.
And they ask the wrong question before you go into it: "Are you male or female?" This led them to replace Brand's face with mine-- as if I'd have any interest in dating Sarah Marshall.
Aw, I'm sorry.
I admit I did do mine a couple times before I got it to look okay. I did a quick photoshop to get my red bangs out of my photo.
Weird, but I started remembering funny lines from the movie the next day and laughing even more about them. Like when Aldous Snow tells Sarah Marshall that she should follow him on tour and be a groupie for his band Infant Sorrow-- be one of the "Sorrow Suckers". "I don't know why they call them that," Aldous says next.
Post a Comment
<< Home