ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Wednesday, June 04, 2008

To complete the circle

Here is Lily Allen the day after.



A little black dress is always good with bright hair. I like this.

I love that she colored her hair pink herself and ditched the bad brassy blond. I'm not super crazy about the trapeze cut of this dress, but it might just be the fact that it looks like a motion shot and a breeze has got the front extra puffed out. The double straps and the bodice are cute and sassy and look nice on her.

I might have tossed on a bracelet or big ring, she doesn't need much because she's got so much going on already but a bangle or two wouldn't hurt But only in silver or black, not yellow or something. OH! I know, a nice fat Lucite bracelet would have been great.

Some would say that she should have worn these shoes with the death-to-Bambi dress yesterday. I would not agree, it would have been too much pink and I hate head to toe matching.

Anyway, I still stand by the idea that the shape of the blue/turquoise shoes was good but the color wasn't, at least not with that dress dress.

Hopefully tomorrow she will have another event to attend where she will be wearing a turquoise dress with black shoes and pink nail polish. That would round this week out nicely.

4 Comments:

At 10:16 PM, June 04, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The nail polish is wrong.

I'd still like to see the pink shoes with the dress, just to see. The dress is mostly white, so I think it would work.

Imagine it this way, Butternugget. You see Lily Allen approaching from 30 feet away. You see the shoes and the hair. She looks like Cindi Lauper, only super-innocent. She gets closer and closer. And you suddenly notice that Little Miss Super-Innocent has Bambi dripping blood all over her dress.

 
At 10:38 PM, June 04, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

That may be my problem, I never was a big fan of Cyndi's mish-mash look. I liked a lot of her separates and most of her jewelry but didn't like them all mixed up.

I'm more of solids in black with a few accents of crazy kind of girl.

Photo color can be off but I was thinking the Bambi dress was light pink and not white so that is why I'm thinking it would be too much pink. Could just be my monitor.

Either way, really do want that damn dress, even in pink or white. Can't tell if it is from his (Giles Deacon) ready to wear line or couture. I'm sure I couldn't afford it anyway.

 
At 10:50 AM, June 10, 2008, Blogger OrangeMoJoJo said...

"Some would say that she should have worn these shoes with the death-to-Bambi dress yesterday. I would not agree, it would have been too much pink and I hate head to toe matching."

Laugh! Her head and toes ARE matching - they're both pink! (o;

I loved the beheaded Bambi dress. I'm also glad she's finding a use for those dyed satin bridesmaid shoes! I just had my satin wedding shoes dyed orange and can't wait to wear them! Sadly, my hair won't match. Ariel's would, though...maybe Giles Deacon has an "interpretation" of The Little Mermaid that I could wear....

 
At 10:57 AM, June 10, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

Maybe Ariel as a fish stick, or better yet, caught in a tuna net!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home