ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Sunday, June 01, 2008

Fitting or creepy?

Yves Saint Laurent died today. When his death was announced I was seeing Sex and the City. It is either a fitting or maybe a little creepy.

In any case, he was only 71 and he past away at his home in Paris.

In the 80's I wore two perfumes, Poison by Dior and Paris by YSL. I thought I was awfully fancy to have these. Their adds were fantastic and romantic and were all over Vogue.

I don't think I cared for many of his designs past the early 80's but it is a name that still sticks with me, if for no other reason than nostalgia makes me think of something classy and maybe a little tacky, in a good way, like the 80's.

2 Comments:

At 7:43 AM, June 02, 2008, Blogger Owen said...

Creepy that you went to see Sex in the City? Oh yeah.

 
At 9:51 AM, June 02, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

Fair enough.

I never watched the show on HBO, and ended up renting them one very hot summer where I never left my A/C. I hated the first season but have a sort of curiosity about the show. And honestly I was hoping something crazy would happen like killing someone off.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home