ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Monday, June 09, 2008

Salmonella here I come, maybe, or not.

I've thrown caution to the wind and finished off the last of four tomatoes (Roma).

I bought them last Thursday, ate one that night in a burrito, had another Saturday morning in another burrito. Later that day I heard about the break-out linked to tomatoes. That night I had another one on a salad.

Today the FDA released this, and now many many stores and restaurants are pulling tomatoes off the shelves and getting rid of them.

Apparently unless I am 100% where it came from, and that it isn't from an area under suspicion I shouldn't eat it.

I kind of feel like my odds are low, there are a lot of tomatoes out there and only twelve cases so far...so I finished the last one.

If I end up in the hospital unable to speak someone tell them it was the tomato.

Thanks.

P.S. I didn't realize until after I posted this that the photo I found just happens to be of four tomatoes. Just so you know, these aren't actually the tomatoes I had. I do not take pictures of my food before I eat it. Unless it looks like a president or the Virgin Mary, then I might.

4 Comments:

At 10:38 AM, June 10, 2008, Blogger OrangeMoJoJo said...

Remember the spinach E.coli scare a couple of years ago? I made a spinach lasagne for our annual pot luck at work that same week, and one of my coworkers actually asked me about the spinach, saying "Didn't you KNOW?!!?" Um, well, I'd used frozen spinach, so it hadn't crossed my mind, really....Anyway, by the time I got through the line and up to my lasagne, same coworker had put a helpful "MADE WITH FROZEN SPINACH!!!!" sign on it.

 
At 10:49 AM, June 10, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

Hilarious that she made a sign. I did hear this morning the confirmed count of cases is now almost 150 so I guess it is reaching the spinach doom. But, I still think that 150 out of hundreds of thousands who are probably eating them is an odd I would take.

That said I probably wouldn't give them to the elderly, already ill or small children.

Now I kind of want a BLT.

 
At 2:28 PM, June 10, 2008, Blogger OrangeMoJoJo said...

mmmmmbruschetta.....

 
At 2:57 PM, June 10, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

We all what we can't have.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home