ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Monday, August 04, 2008

That is funny

Okay, so there is storm currently raging and apparently it is potentially very very bad. Tornadoes and all that.

For the last hour or so TV has been unwatchable because every five minutes there is a storm warning. No biggie I wasn't really watching anything important.

Hilariously at about 8.05pm CBS 2 totally interrupted the show to go to their weather guy talking about taking shelter and started naming Chicago neighborhoods. I of course started paying attention when I heard Montrose Beach, Logan Square etc...

Then, only thirty seconds into the CBS 2 emergency alert interruption was interrupted by the National Weather emergency alert.

I find this funny. What I don't find funny is the sirens that have started to go off.

I live on the top floor of my building so I'll be hiding in my hallway if needed, no basement for me and Oly. We'll just have to hope for the best.

4 Comments:

At 1:52 PM, August 05, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Risking her life to blog. In the hallway of the third floor with a bunny and an internet connection, or in the basement without an internet connection?

 
At 3:45 PM, August 05, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

It would clearly be unsafe for me to go outside, down the back steps and then to the basement.

Also, I see too many bugs down there. I'll take my chances in the hall way, with internet.

 
At 12:02 PM, August 06, 2008, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My buddy Mark & I took refuge from the storm in the basement of Ida Noyes. We sat way away from the windows, downing pints of Kalamazoo and eating popcorn.

The lightning around midnight (after I returned home) was pretty freakin' amazing. I could barely hear Dr. Who because of all the thunder.

 
At 12:06 PM, August 06, 2008, Blogger Butternugget said...

Once the storm was no longer causing sirens to go off I did sit and watch the lightning while reading. It was pretty amazing.

You know what I never see in Chicago despite all our storms? Colored lightning, I used to see it when I was younger in MN., red and blue shades.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home