Damn.
Two reasons I should get cable again (by the fall).
1. HBO will be (finally) starting True Blood based on the Southern Vampire Mysteries novel series adapted by Alan Ball, who you will know from Six Feet Under fame. It's been in the works for ages. I've read all but the most recent book (there are eight so far) so I'm pretty interested.
2. Russell Brand will host the MTV music video awards in September. Granted this is just one show and I could probably watch it at someones house that night but I wonder if this is a bit of a test to see if he can have his own show state side. I'm a little surprised as I would bet at least 50% of the MTV watching crowd still doesn't know who he is despite the success of Forgetting Sarah Marshall.
Reasons not to...
1. It's about $100 a month.
2. I easily stream on-line almost all the shows I care about already.
3. I will waste a lot more time because I can always find something to watch at 11pm on a Tuesday night and I already have enough problems sleeping.
I'll let you know what I decide.

1 Comments:
Don't do it! Don't get cable!
Post a Comment
<< Home