ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Thursday, February 09, 2006

Movie Marketing 101: How to get 24 year old guys to see your movie

The new movie Running Scared staring Paul Walker has the normal website with clips and such, and they have a game section, also not out of the ordinary. What is odd is the game itself. Which actually has two parts, one that is for all eyes, or at least PG-13 eyes, then there is the other one. This game is found here, HOWEVER, This is not a "work friendly" site, there are noises, and offensive pictures, be warned. If you are even the slightest bit offended by "dirty" things you should not go here.

Before you can do so you must "prove" you are over 18, this process frankly looks like a scam to get your email. Make fake stuff up if you want.

So, if you do go, click on "the Game" tab, and then under that go to "play mature levels". Then you must enter the "cheat code" which is: "yugorsky", then you will drive a car home in the game, and then the classy stuff starts. The "game" has you (the character is male) performing a sexual act on a female and to "win" you must, well, make her real happy (wink wink). That is the nicest way I can say it. The weird thing is that although "you" are performing the act the game shows the back of your head the whole time. I assume that they wanted to be dirty, but not that dirty.

Anyway....

I would not call this the best way to get me to a see a movie, but then again I am not a 20 something guy, which is clearly their target audience. It doesn't help that I haven't liked video games since my Attari in 1981.

Classy, and nasty.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home