ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Thursday, April 27, 2006

The not so original ButterNugget

I have three favorite words, ointment, butter and nugget. My god I love the word nugget. Anyway, so when I chose a name for this blog it was pretty easy.

As much as I love ointment, it was the odd man out, it just didn't have quite the "ring" to it when paired with one of the others, and all three was a bit much. ButterOintment, nah, OintmentButter, eh, okay, OintmentNugget...not so much. The clear front-runner was always ButterNugget.

I know all three of these words bug several of my friends, especially ointment which I can sort of understand, but surprisingly a fair amount of people find nugget kind of gross, which I don’t get at all. It is so cute! AND so much fun to say.

For a while I was responsible for setting passwords at my job when someone forgot their password and needed an account reset, that was kind of fun. Let's just say there is probably more than one email or calendar account out there that you could all break into now with what I have told you.

Sometimes while I am bored I will surf the web (okay, maybe it isn't even when I am bored, and maybe it isn’t sometimes, maybe I do it pretty much all the time, but it keeps me well informed so I like to tell myself it is all good). Anyway, when I am bored I will Google stuff, and tonight I Googled myself.

Go ahead, try it, Google Butternugget.

I was surprised, out of four pages only two are me (both are a mention in Evandebacle’s blog). All the rest were other crazy people who think butter and nugget make one great word (or name).

P.S. If you do the images Google search you get a guys flickr page, which is weird because the first match that comes up on the web search is another flickr page.

1 Comments:

At 1:58 PM, April 28, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Moist or moisture are good ones too. How about "moistnugget" or "nuggetmoisture?"

 

Post a Comment

<< Home