ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Tuesday, April 25, 2006

What’s that stink?

I love a smoothie in the morning, orange/strawberry/banana is my favorite. What I really love is Orange-a-peel from Jamba Juice but at $4.25 but that can get a bit costly day after day and it is definitely one of those items that you know you can make yourself if you just get motivated.

Last summer I perfected my version of the Orange-a-peel; frozen strawberries, frozen bannan slices, frozen OJ concentrate (it provides a bit more bite than liquid OJ) a couple ice cubes and Stoneyfields vanilla yogurt. It is pretty damn good and I make them a lot on the weekends (because there isn’t a Jamba near me). Sometimes I mix it up by replacing the yogurt with frozen cubes of soy or rice milk, this is also the tasty, just not as creamy, more like a frappuccino than a milk shake.

I finally decided a couple weeks ago that I could in fact get up 15 minutes earlier to make a damn smoothie. I’ve been doing well, almost everyday for three weeks, but a couple days ago I ran out of bananas. I did a morning with out them but it wasn’t the same, just not as thick. I bring one every morning so I am pretty good about washing out my “sport bottle”, especially the fat plastic straw which will probably get pretty gross, pretty fast if I leave it sitting around dirty. But, since I figured out on Monday that I don’t like it with out the banana and I haven’t bought bananas yet I didn’t make a smoothie this morning.

About half an hour a go I went into a bag and grabbed some papers and a book, while reviewing the papers I’m thinking to myself “What is that smell? Did I leave the ice cream bowl out on the table?” I looked around and didn’t see anything but empty water glasses. A few minutes later I was flipping through some other papers and thought “damn, what is that stink?” Then I realized my paper was sticky and flipped a few more pages in to find brownish spots. Then like a bolt of stinky lightning I remembered, I left my sport bottle in that bag when I got home last night and just tossed the bag down, in other words, the bottle was pretty much upside down in a bag with a stack of work papers and a book.

Excellent. Artemis Fowl: The Opal Deception will forever smell faintly of strawberry-orange back-wash smoothie.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home