Sometimes it is fate
Earlier this week I got an email from a friend who I went to high school with. The email was one of those that had been forwarded a dozen times or so and you had to scroll down really far to finally get to the "joke". The story was one of those that could be plausible but most likely never happened. This one was about a vet that teaches his students a lesson on observation by way of a nasty (as in poop) trick. The teacher brings in a a whole cow specimen and goes on about what makes a good vet...not being afraid to touch the animals etc...then he takes his finger, sticks it in the cow butt and then proceeds to stick his finger in his mouth. He encourages the students to prove themselves and do the same. Many do, then he pulls the punch line. Which was something like, "great, you weren't afraid, but you weren't very observant because I switched fingers when I put it in my mouth". In your head you heard the "waa waa" sad horn sound. Moral of the story is something to do with not putting poop in your mouth.
The friend made a note on the top of the email that said it reminded him of something Mr. Young our high school bio teacher would have done. I agreed with him and frankly, Mr. Young might have actually used the first finger just to see what happened. Mr. Young was hilarious, and wasn't afraid to tell or show us crazy and/or nasty stuff.
Then Evandebacle hooks me up with the photo of what is reported to be the world’s smallest cat at less than 3” high.
This intrigues me because you see so many stories about huge cats (in fact there was a new one just this week) but, I can't recall any other strange cat interest stories, and definitely not tiny cats. Then, because it was 11.30 pm and I had just got home and hadn’t been on a computer for a whole 6 1/2 hours, I thought I would do a little Google.
Hot Damn! Did I find some good stuff, a whole mess a crazy!
Let me warn those of you who do not like medical abnormalities (human or otherwise), we all know I get really excited about the weird shit so beware.
Also, to those of you who are kitty sensitive DO NOT click on these links as some of the specimen photos may not be of living kitties and frankly some of the abnormalities may be too much for you too look at and I don't want anyone to get upset or sad on my account.
However, if you too love the world of deformities, abnormalities and conjoined creatures go forward and view a few gems I've picked out.
Kitties with four ears, really messed up or no eyes, and appalachian type issues
Really big, or little kitties
Conjoined kitties
Enjoy! I know I do!
Oh yeah, P.S. here, the reason it is fate is because Mr. Young our high school bio teacher showed me my first real recently alive medical abnormality. A baby pig that had two heads that were fused in the center so they sort of made a heart shape, with one middle eye that if pried open showed two squished eyeballs in one big socket. Awesome!

2 Comments:
I don't know why this thing about the vet is making the rounds all of a sudden. I heard the same story from my dad years and years ago, only it was in a med school setting. The teacher has told all the students to bring in a urine sample, and then tells them all to do exactly as he does. He dips his finger in his sample, puts it in his mouth, and all the students do the same. Same chastisement for not being observant, waa waa.
And I once knew this guy, who knew this lady, who had a friend who totally knew someone who was there!
Urban myths, they will live forever.
Post a Comment
<< Home