ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Tuesday, April 04, 2006

Are you happy now?

Recently some friends of mine gave me lots and lots of crap and grief about my blog, mostly because I didn’t tell them about it. Then it was more of a game, seeing if they could find it on their own. They tried key words they thought I would have used, “bunnies”, “Hello Kitty”, my nickname etc…but they came up empty.

I finally decided I might as well let them in on the big boring secret blog. I told them not to get excited because then it would be very disappointing.

During this time of them “not knowing” they would taunt me “will this be on your blog?” or “why don’t you write about this?”.

So, this if for Zumi’s Mom and Dad.

A couple weeks ago, on one of the first really nice spring days we’ve had here in Chicago, my friends and I went to Dim Sum, ran some errands and went to the dog park. This was my first visit to a proper Chicago dog park; we went to the one in Wicker Park. It was pretty insane, the dogs are pretty funny but many times the owners were a much better show.

Below you will see proof of my visit, Zumi trotting towards us sitting on the bench, and in the bottom right you can see my green stripy gloves (which are awesome) and in the bottom left you will see my super cool shoes.
















Zumi is a riot and apparently quite the typical bulldog, and by that I mean her tongue is HUGE and when she has stomach problems you should get as far away as possible. Anyway, one of Zumi’s favorite things is to play tug-o-war with pretty much anything, but especially rope toys. On a side note, the “public” rope toys at the dog park are some of the nastiest things I’ve ever been near.
















After more than an hour of running, pulling, chasing, sniffing and skidding it was time to go home. After a long day what else is there to do but nap?
















Despite her "stomach problems" Zumi is a pretty cute dog and is down right hilarious to watch play.

As long as I am on the topic of dogs, there are two things that I think are nuts.
1. Giving the age of your dog in months. For the record I hate this for human babies as well. Up until the end of 12 months fine, you have to use months to tell age, after that, it is a year. There are 12 months in a year, you can do the math, and I know you know how. I went to art school, math is not my strong point, do not tell me your dog (or baby) is 20 months, that just means I have to stop thinking about what ever I was thinking about and use math. Just tell me he/she is “1 and ½ “. Also, feel free to round up, if they are close to 2, just say 2, or if you must you can say “1 year and 8 months”. I guess they do it to prolong the idea that it is a puppy (or baby) and maybe it makes them feel better, I don’t know.
2. You are not their “Mommy” or “Daddy”. I am not my pets “Mommy”, I am no ones “Mommy”. Of course after I told my friends this they began calling me “Zumi’s Aunt”.
Oh well, life goes on.

3 Comments:

At 8:42 PM, April 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well, speaking from ther perspective of being a mommy to five cats and three dogs, I take offense at your statements, "aunt nancy"

 
At 8:42 PM, April 04, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Hmmm...sounds like Zumi may be the coolest dog in the world....with nice parents...

 
At 9:14 PM, April 04, 2006, Blogger Butternugget said...

Alright, I know who said Zumi was the coolest dog...but who be "anonymous" with 5 cats and 3 dogs???

 

Post a Comment

<< Home