ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

An oldie but a goodie

I hadn't thought about Kenny Rogers for a while, but after finding, Zumi's site I was reminded of two things.

A. The amazing and entertaining site, Men Who Look Like Kenny Rogers

B. The only time I ever sang in public. I was in the fourth grade, I sang The Gambler with a friend at a school variety show. It was a mock talk show sketch and we were some kind of singing sister act. In a bizarre twist I wore a sailor outfit. I have no idea why.

Back in the day I loved me some Kenny, I really did. Besides The Gambler I loved Daytime Friends, and although I did have some idea what this song was about at the time I don’t think I totally got it and I don't know that I should have liked it as much as I did considering my age. And oh my god, Islands In The Stream! with Dolly! a classic, no doubt about it.

And when Lucile picked a fine time to leave him I sang along, "four hundred children and a crop in the field", years later I heard the song again and realized he was actually singing "four HUNGRY children and a crop in the field". I guess in fourth grade I wasn’t that keen.

OMFG (as the kids on-line say), Kenny has a Myspace!!! I am so going there right now! Kenny will be my friend!

P.S. Yes, I am more than aware of just how scary Kenny has become.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home