ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Saturday, April 29, 2006

Who returns cheese?

I’ve been feeling lazy lately, or maybe not so much lazy as too tired to cook when I get home from work. So I stopped at Trader Joe’s today to pick up some pre-made food items. Trader Joe’s has a pretty good line of Indian entrees and they are pretty cheap as well. I also like their frozen tamales and rice bowls. They are so much better than the brands at Jewel and are at least a buck or two cheaper, not to mention there are tasty Thai and Indian options.

While at Trader Joe’s you should always get a couple bottles of cheap wine so I went and wandered around the wine isles. I was in no hurry so I wandered for a while until I was finally ready to check out.

Since I wasn’t in a hurry I just got in the closest line, which only had two people in it. Then the woman a head of me got to the counter. She only had two items, or so it seemed. She had a bunch of flowers and a food item. Then I notice her handing a bag to the guy checking and then another guy comes over, he turns out to be a manager. I’m looking at chocolate so I’m not really paying too much attention, until I figure out that it is taking way too long.

I start to try and figure out what the deal is, and I quickly catch on. She is returning stuff. First I am thinking, “who returns food?” then I think, “she must be returning something that was bad, or maybe soap or something”.

Nope, not at all, she was returning a couple cans of stuff and two chunks of cheese. I’m not talking about super sealed from the factory kind of cheese.











I’m talking about those chunks that are pieces cut off a big wheel or block of cheese, good cheese. But that stuff is just wrapped in plastic wrap, and I would think that would make it an item you can’t return because it is too easily tampered with. Surely they can’t resell the stuff, can they?
















The chunks she got couldn’t have cost more than four or five dollars each, so why not just throw it away or give it to a friend? Seriously, who returns cheese!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home