ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Wednesday, November 22, 2006

Better than heroin (I think).

My god, what a glorious night. I saw Morrissey tonight, and as you all know my love for Steven Patrick is strong and unnatural and I revel in it.

I’m so ridiculously high on energy right now it will be a miracle if I get to sleep before 3am.

I could go on and on for hours about how magnificent Morrissey is and how awesome the show was, but you will tire of it long before I do. Frankly, he could stand there and sing the phone book for an hour and I would shudder with delight, so I will just cover a few key moments.

I got there at 1.30 pm, I was about 50th in line. I knew I wouldn’t be first but thought that would still be close enough (and it was). Then my friend DC joined me around 4.00 pm (DC was super enough to actually be at his computer when the tickets went on sale so we owe him many thanks), then near 5.30 pm My Twin came to join us just in time for the doors to open at 6.00 pm. We ended up just where I wanted to be, just off center and only inches from the edge of the moat (the moat was about five feet). Then there was another hour and a half of standing, then the opening act, and then finally it was time for the man of the hour to make his entrance, it was now 8.30 pm.

Tonight he opened with Panic and the rest I may have a bit out of order, but, here they are, I think.

Panic / First Of The Gang To Die / You Have Killed Me / In The Future When All's Well /Disappointed / Ganglord / William, It Was Really Nothing / Everyday Is Like Sunday / Dear God, Please Help Me / Girlfriend In A Coma / Let Me Kiss You / I've Changed My Plea To Guilty / How Soon Is Now? / I Just Want To See The Boy Happy / I Will See You In Far-off Places / Life Is A Pigsty / The National Front Disco / Irish Blood, English Heart/ Please, Please, Please Let Me Get What I Want

He wore a dark fuscia pink shirt first (with silver tie), then a black shirt, this is surely the cheap one because it is the “wipe down” shirt, he peels it off near the end and literally wipes himself down with it, all over, and then tosses it into the pit of hungry dogs. Then he returned with a light pink shirt. All were worn with chocolate brown trousers with a light brown piping down the sides. Perfect and lovely as usual.

At the end the band took their bows as well and tossed in a couple set lists and a couple picks. I quite literally pounce down on one and peeled a girls grubby little fingers off it and claimed it form my own. She was annoying all night and clearly weak. I believe she said, “You suck”. I would argue that I do not, but even if I am wrong I went home with the pick.

Lucky for me “My Twin” drove and was lovely enough to cart my ass (and Chay’s) home. We stopped for a monster size coke on the way home and I also got the impulse item on the menu, a soft serve ice cream cone. Sugar, just what a Morrissey high needs.

P.S. Like sprinkles on a cupcake I got home and I caught the end of Letterman with NASCAR Nextel cup winner and now Amy Sedaris is on Conan. I may cry I am so ecstatic.

1 Comments:

At 9:56 AM, November 26, 2006, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sounds like a great concert!! Only thing that could have made it better would have been his singing "The More You Ignore Me (The Closer I Get)" directly to you. I'm glad he left off ranting about non-vegetarians.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home