The Down Side of Naps
I knew I’d be in trouble the minute I woke up from my nap at 4.57 pm.
I had a fun packed weekend with three parties to attend. My only problem was I seemed to underestimate how long I would be gone in every situation and stayed out far later than I intended. The down side was this morning at 8.30 am, after only about four hours sleep I woke up. Why? I have no idea, I was still dead tired and didn’t have anything time sensitive to do, but I couldn’t get back to sleep.
Eventually I got up showered and checked the usual items, email, voicemail and text messages. Turns out my plans for the afternoon needed to move up or be postponed, so they were postponed. Honestly that was fine, I was pretty tired and didn’t feel like moving all that fast. I continued to play on the computer for a while, finally showered and got ready to leave the house. I went to the grocery store and came home to make some lunch. Then, thankfully, I was falling asleep on the couch, it was naptime. It was still pretty early in the day (1.30 pm) so I didn’t think there would be any problem with a little nap.
I woke up and it was dark, bad sign, I looked at the clock and it was almost 5pm. Crap, I slept way too long for a nap. I knew this would surely mess-up my sleep for tonight, and sure enough here it is 12.30 am and I am wide-awake and sleepy-time is nowhere in sight.
Part of the reason I nap on the couch is because I am less likely to sleep that long, because it is the couch and it is really quite bright in my living room. I love my couch, but it is still a couch. Lately I am apparently way too comfortable (or way too tired) because this is about the fourth time in the last couple months that I have been able to sleep for hours on my couch with out waking up. Not really a bad thing, but weird.
I guess I will have to start napping on the floor or a bed of nails to keep my naps down to a reasonable length of time.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home