ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Thursday, November 30, 2006

Mind your own business

Things of note before you read my story.

-It was 2.15 pm
-It is a beautiful crisp cool day (34 degrees)
-The threat of winter storms is upon us, but there isn’t a flake insight.
-I am wearing a cashmere turtleneck sweater and a t-shirt underneath that (pants too, and boots).

Normally I eat lunch at my desk and maybe read gossip on the Internet while eating. But today I needed to get the heck out of my office, so I went to lunch with a friend.

After lunch we decided to walk to Old Navy and H&M, which are about five blocks away. During our walk back down the State street sidewalk a guy, about 50 years of age and in a parka actually veered out of his path on the sidewalk and very near mine and as he got to me blurted out, clearly at me, “Get a coat!”

What the fuck? I kind of wished I had my gloves but I put my hands in my pocket and I was totally fine, I was not cold. I like the cold weather and thought it was really nice out and pretty comfortable.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home