Not an urban myth, this time.
A mother is accused of killing her three month old in a MICROWAVE. Ew.
We've all heard the urban myths of babies and assorted pets in the microwave although most involve drugs like acid. Sadly this one is true and the woman, China Arnold (26 years old) has been arrested for murder. Arnold is charged with aggravated murder in the death of her 28 day old daughter, Paris.
Arnold and the father, Terrell Talley, brought the baby (already dead) to the hospital on August 30th, 2005, both Arnold and the father were questioned at the time. Then Arnold was taken to jail and booked with child endangering. However she was released two days later when prosecutors did not press charges.
At the time, Arnold denied involvement in the child’s death. Investigators now say they believe Arnold microwaved her infant daughter to death. No word on how they determined the injuries that caused her death were from a microwave.
Finally, over a year later she has been charged and is going to trial.
I really don't get it. If she didn't want the baby she had options, adoption, abortion, or ideally, birth control prior to this whole mess. I'm not sure if Ohio has any safe haven laws but that may have been an option too and should be an option everywhere. If you are against abortion fine, but then use birth control, if you are also against that then I would think about a new religion. I don't know that I've heard anyone who is against those things and not be religious, but I may be generalizing, sorry.
I know people say it is difficult thing because it involves so many issues, religion, race, culture, economics and education but I really don't see why this is so hard for people to get over. The truth of the matter is clear, no one and nothing is going to stop people from having sex. I don't care what kind of abstinence religious bull you feed them, they will eventually want to get in someone's pants and when they do they should at least be able to keep them selves free of diseases and babies.

0 Comments:
Post a Comment
<< Home