ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Tuesday, December 19, 2006

Trying to help

Last night was shopping for holiday gifts, I went to many places, but my last stop was Target. I needed to look for word puzzle game books and wrapping paper. While in the book section I have a guy and his cart next to me. He has a young (eight-ish years old) daughter with him chattering and he is on his cell, but he has it on speaker. So not only is he yelling to be heard, you can hear his wife.
Guy: She likes what?

Wife: She just read Wicked

Guy: What?

Wife: She read Wicked and really liked it, she likes those kinds of books.
Daughter: Get her this one (pointing at the Narnia book which is a paper back version with all seven books in one).

Guy: What about this Nar-nya (seriously, that is how he said it).

Wife: That’s a kid book

Guy: Oh it is?

Guy: It sure is a big book

Daughter: No, I saw her reading stuff like this and she likes the movie

Wife: She likes Wicked

Dad: Okay we’ll see what they have
First, if you are shopping for a book may I suggest going somewhere other than Target? I mean I love Target and all but their book section leaves a bit to be desired.

Second, get off of speakerphone in the middle of Target.

Now for the part that is really bugging me.

The guy is off the phone and is looking at the books (which seem to be in no order) and half listening to his chattering daughter who is still trying to convince him to by Narnia. He is also repeating, “Wicked” in a confused questioning tone.

While all this is happening he is actually standing in front of the book Son of a Witch, the sequel to Wicked. So....in the spirit of the holiday and because I hate to see someone get crap for Christmas because their family is full of idiots I said “Excuse me, this book (pointing at Son of a Witch) is the sequel to Wicked”

The guy turns to me and says “Really? Great” and the daughter asks “What?” and he tells her “This is like Wicked 2”.

Then he turns to me and says “See, that is why I love eaves droppers, thanks!” He did say this with a happy and cheerful tone but it still totally pisses me off.

Eaves dropping? Is he kidding? People in a thirty-foot radius could hear his conversation and people in a fifteen-foot radius could hear him, his kid and his wife via speakerphone.

I wish I hadn’t helped him.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home