Oscar: Part Six
I still can’t find a picture of Sally Kirkland from tonight. I can’t understand, her dress was so bad that I can’t understand why it isn’t all over the place by now.
These montages are killing me!
Look at mister slouchy man… I mean Jodie Foster. When did she become so sloppy? I don’t get it. Oh, I guess she is grieving, she is introducing the montage (I know, another one) for all the people we lost this year and it is close to her heart because she lost her “best friend”, Randy Stone, two weeks ago. Think they’ll show Anna Nicole?
This montage always gets me, I see the names and every time there are about ten that I think “didn’t they die ages ago?” A year goes so quickly.
Ellen has changed into a midnight blue (satin) outfit, pants and vest, and they are not a good idea. Satin is a hard fabric for anyone, and especially if it is in a skirt or pants, it wrinkles and then looks horrible.
Phillip Seymour Hoffman always looks like shit. Tonight is no different.
We are totally in the home stretch now, Best Actress is up…and the Oscar goes to…as we expected, Helen Mirren. Well done Ms. Mirren, well done. You look lovely and classy and are a well deserving actress. You also made Kate Winslet cry; I’m assuming in a good “I’m happy for you” kind of way.
I’ve excluded comments on commercials until now, I had to look up when I heard Shane McGowan (and the Pouges), and he/they are apparently hawking Cadillac’s now.
Resse Witherspoon looks nice, but I still don’t really like her new straight hair.
Now, will it be Forest or Peter…I am so torn on this. Or worse, will there be an upset! Tension is mounting…please don’t let it be Leo or Will, just not them. Here we go…Fantastic, Forest won, but did you see poor Peter’s face? I do feel a bit sad for him. However Forest really deserves it, he was amazing in The Last King of Scotland. His wife is very pretty and pulls off a yellow dress, not an easy task.
And finally, here it is, who will get Best Director. Marty finally brings one home for The Departed. I didn’t see it, don’t want to, I hear it is good if you like those kinds of movies. But I also hear that it is not his best and that this is really one of those “payback” awards. But, he is a funny caricature of a man that makes me giggle when he speaks so I’m fine with this.
Jack and Diane (funny right) are presenting. Diane Keaton actually looks very nice tonight, sometimes she looks more than a little batty with the Annie Hall times 100 look, but she looks great tonight. Yes the sleeves are very long, but it has a normal neckline and collar and she isn’t wearing a turtleneck under it.
Oh yeah, and The Departed just won Best Picture.

1 Comments:
Here's some Kirkland for you (and some snarky comments! A two-fer!)
http://www.queerty.com/queer/gossip/
oscar-red-carpet-madness-20070226.php
Post a Comment
<< Home