ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Thursday, May 24, 2007

End of April

It has been a crazy month. I’m not complaining because I’ve been busy with all fun (mostly) social stuff but boy am I tired and looking forward to a three day weekend of doing nothing.

I ended April with out-of-town guests visiting. A friend from high school and her family (husband and two kids) came in and we spent the day at the Field Museum. I go to the Field fairly frequently, it is probably my favorite museum in the city, but I never go on weekends. Wow, it is a whole different crazy world on a Saturday around noon (shocker) and can really wear you out.

The kids seemed to enjoy it to varying degrees depending on “icky-ness”, “scariness” and if we could somehow include SpiderMan into the conversation. Fortunately I am pretty good with all three and enjoy all of the topics.

After several hours at the Field we headed up Michigan Avenue to get some pizza, Chicago style, and that was almost as challenging as the Field. It was a beautiful day and it was as if every tourist in Chicago was in a five-block radius.

In the end I got home exhausted but I having had a nice time seeing everyone so it was worth it.

The next day I had a lovely small wedding to go to. Since I had spent the whole prior day at the Field I hadn't really figured out what to wear...so I ran out and thankfully found an awesome dress in about two hours. I ran home got ready and headed out.

The ceremony and reception were both help at VoLo a small wine bar/restaurant in Roscoe Village. It was a short and sweet ceremony but very nice and personal, everyone looked great, bride, groom and guest as well. Not surprisingly there was a lot of wine before and after.

So that is then end of weekend one.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home