In one day?
So today, October 29th, not one, but two of my favorite BBC shows have been rocked.
First and most importantly, the confirmation (long time coming) that David Tennant wont be back as Doctor Who has been confirmed. As rumored he will do four specials to air in the next year and a half but when the series comes back full time in 2010 it will be a new doctor. Let the regeneration speculation begin!

Secondly, after a brief "scandal", and I use that word in quotes and loosely because I think the media forced this one to epic portions, Russell Brand has left BBC Radio 2. He will no longer do his Saturday night show.
I'm sure Russ will land on his feet, I just hope it will still include a weekly, or at least frequent show that will still be visited often by Noel Gallagher, Noel Fielding and of course the recently curiously missing Matt Morgan. They made for a funny bunch.

7 Comments:
Well, this is what happens when the government owns the means of production.
And what kind of crap is it that there'll only be 4 episodes of Dr Who until 2010? The glacial pace of gov't!
Free Russell Brand! Free Russell Brand!
I had heard for the last year or so that the four episodes thing was largely due to David wanting to perform in two productions with the Royal Shakespeare Company and BBC really wanted him to stay so they accommodated his schedule.
But since they are also changing head writers maybe it is best to have a break.
WHAAAAHHH I am greatly going to my good ol' Rus on my bus/train rides.
That would be MISS him.
Chugga chugga indeed.
Sachs' granddaughter wants Brand back:
http://uk.reuters.com/article/entertainmentNews/idUKTRE4A46QL20081105
"I think they're really talented comedians and I think a world without Jonathan Ross and Russell Brand would be a very sad, dull place."
This woman infuriates me more and more. First she went around saying they should be "sacked", then she starts bad-mouthing Russell's bedroom skills and now reversal???
She should have taken the higher road and kept her mouth shut, if she wanted respect (from me anyway, and probably others).
I don't doubt that good old Russ is "over-rated" in the romance area, it is a caricature at this point, but blabbing about it is not very cool.
When she said "The most upsetting thing is that all of my secrets are now known by my grandparents and parents and everybody else," I scoffed out-loud. Although Russell did say he'd slept with her she was the one who gave all the details, when, how many times, on which "dates" and of course some intimate details.
I wonder if this has anything to do with the fact that her dance group had only about 20 people turn up to a recent show and the performance was apparently not well received (for any of the woman, not just her).
Ugh.
Post a Comment
<< Home