ButterNugget

Despite my constant claims that I never have enough time to do anything, I seem to find plenty of time to waste on-line. This is my proof of time wasted.

Monday, March 30, 2009

Whaaaaa? He's dead?

On Friday I had lunch with Mrs. Fuji and she was mentioning that she was trying to get her sister into watching Buffy because she never watched it when it first aired. Later in the day I was thinking I should re-watch Buffy, in order, AND then re-watch Angel too.

I was really disappointed when Angel ended. I thought Buffy was done, as much as I liked it I thought it was time. But I still felt like Angel had another year or two left. Anyway, that got me thinking, about what the Angel cast was doing now.

We've seen Angel, Spike, Fred and Darla lately, in Bones, Smallville, Dollhouse and Dexter, respectively. And although I forgot about him, Jin from Lost was in Angel too.

But what about Gunn, Lorne, The Groosalugg and Wesley...oh Wes, next to Spike, Wes was my favorite. I wish he, Alexis Denisof, would do more than just be married to Alyson Hannigan.

After thinking about the show I couldn't get a couple things out of my mind, Spike and Wes, because they were hot and Lorne because I got his singing stuck in my head.

I went to IMDB and started to look up a few I hadn't heard about in a while, including Gunn, Lorne and Wesley. Turns out they aren't doing much, or nothing of note on IMDB. I thought about it a couple more times over the weekend, mostly thinking I should get the DVDs.

Then, just now, while eating my dinner I read that Andy Hallett, who played Lorne died of heart failure last night. He was only 33!

The story went on to say that he had been battling the disease for five years. He had been admitted to the hospital three or four times in the past few years for his heart condition. I had no idea. So young, so very young.


R.I.P Andy, I'm sure you will be missed.

1 Comments:

At 8:11 PM, March 31, 2009, Blogger AMY said...

Oh know, I loved Lorne, too! I can't believe he's gone. And I agree -- I was not ready for Angel to end. Made me really sad. I need to start rewatching Buffy and Angel. They were so good! I need my Spike fix.

I also totally agree about Alexis -- why isn't he in more stuff??? I really liked Wesley a lot.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home